How big is BLOOG???

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010...

I love the holidays and after this year, I have learned to appeciate every moment with my family.

I remember growing up we would have these HUGE family get togethers for every holiday.  All the adults would be on one floor and the kids would either be upstairs or in the basement playing with toys, watching videos, or harassing each other.  You would think as I got older and into my teens and early 20's I'd get sick of it, but I never did.  I lived for the holidays and getting another chance to hangout with my family.

As I get older I've noticed the events are getting smaller and smaller, which breaks my heart.  I pray our baby grows up with memories of family cookouts and reunions, spending summers with relatives "down in the county".  I want our child to experience family the way I did, even though at the time I complained about it, well sometimes I still do complain about some of those summers in Sumter, SC... I'm still having nightmares about eating those damn field peas, and the slop bucket....  YUCK!

But back to Thanksgiving 2010...  I had a ball as usual, had some of the BEST banana pudding.  But I will never understand people who don't share their recipes... LOL!  Is it really that serious, SMH.

Donna (Patrick's older sister) did ask me if I was pregnant, and I felt awful when I had to lie.  I'm just not ready for people to know, I mean I haven't even told Patrick yet... but I will tell him in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment