I love Christmas! I don't know if its because its the same month as my birthday or because of the gifts, but I love this time of year.
Usually I watch all of the retro cartoons to get in the mood and I look forward to spending time with my family. But this year I just wasn't feeling it and I know all of it had to do with me not seeing my mother and sisters on Christmas, its just not the same if you can't spend the holiday with all of the people you love...
I went into this Christmas not feeling it at all, the one good thing was telling our mothers about lil Bloog other than that it felt like just another day. So typical Baby Daddy, he wants me to pick out my present and I have absolutely no idea what I want other than an iPad or a Gucci watch, both of which are extremely impractical seeing as Bloog's appearance is a mere five months away. But I figured WTH, I want an iPad and with my gift certificate and discount it was a steal. So I call my mother today asking about her iPad because I wanted to make sure this was something I really wanted and to get her opinion since she has one. As we're talking I tell her I'm going to buy one today and she kind of stutters and suggests I wait until tomorrow. Now if you know me you know once my mind is set there is no turning back! I've already decided I'm getting it and its a done deal, so to skip the subject I ask her what she got me for Christmas.... And she says, "Patrick and I got you an iPad!" I wish there was a camera because I acted like a complete fool!!! Have you ever seen videos of kids who get their dream gift for Christmas and they flip out? Well that was me, jumping up and down on the bed, screaming at the top of my lungs, and dancing around the room, I must admit this went on for about 10 minutes while my mother listened and laughed at her grown-ass daughter acting like a 9-year old.... LMBO!
I am so HAPPY! But that damn Baby Daddy of mine is another thing, he had me thinking I was getting nothing, or a sweater with matching socks, but I love him for it... This made my holiday worth it, and now I really can't wait to see my mother's face when she finds out about the FETUS, she's going to go nuts... Like mother, like daughter and all that....
No comments:
Post a Comment