How big is BLOOG???

 BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's my BIRTHDAY!!!

So in my usual tradition I took off from work to reflect on this day of joy.... the day Carrie Oliver gave birth to her first, smartest, and cutest child... LOL!


Normally I plan the WEEK OF ME!, which is just me doing something for me either by myself, with Patrick, or with friends everyday during the week either before or after my birthday.  This year I just didn't have the energy to do anything!  I did tell Patrick we're having a baby, around 6am on the Sunday before my birthday.  He's so excited he can't contain himself.  He spent the first day smiling looking like the cheshire cat... I love that he's just as nervous, happy, and excited as I am.  But we'll see how that works out when I'm fat and asking him to get me Twinkies at 2am.


So on my birthday I did manage to get my hair, nails and brows done but isn't that just normal maitenance?  I did try to schedule a massage but apparently a prenatal massage cannot be done until your midway through your second trimester, so there went half of my day of beauty!  I did spend FIVE hours wasting away at the hairdresser...how in the hell do you drop your child off two hours late when they're getting a weave SEWN in???  So after getting my 'do done I stopped by Patrick's mother's house to see her before she left for ATL (SIDENOTE: we still haven't told her about Ripley which we hope to do on Christmas), and then I headed home.  Patrick was cute he surprised me with flowers and a card and he was all ready to go out, but of course the baby had other plans and was ready for bed. 


And so for the FIRST time in my life I did absolutely nothing for my birthday, but when I think about how different my life is going to be on my next birthday I can't help but think this is the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment